The PGNP provider is a thin layer between Microsoft ADO and PostgreSQL database. It implements most of the OLEDB interfaces and uses libpq to access a PostgreSQL database. The provider can be used from 32-bit and 64-bit applications both native and .NET.
Main features are:
- Database conversion with DTS Wizard (MSSQL 2000) or SSIS Wizard (MSSQL 2005/2008/2012).
- Support for SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- SQL Server Linked Servers and Replication support.
- Error reporting and execution tracing.
- Transactions support: standard OLEDB, and "nested" PostgreSQL transaction using savepoints.
- Distributed transactions (two phase commit protocol).
- Schema support for tables, views, provider types, columns, primary/foreign keys, indexes, etc.
|PGNP 1.2.8||PGNP 1.3.0||PGNP 1.4.0*|
|PostgreSQL 8.x Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Connection Pooling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Error Reporting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Command Prepare and Cancel||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Columns Information||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Database Transformation in SQL Server DTSWizard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Local Transaction Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Distributed Transactions and Two Phase Commit Protocol (DTC enlistment)||No||Yes||Yes|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Linked Servers Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 to PostgreSQL Replication Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
July 10, 2017 Ver 126.96.36.19976Fixed bug in RowsetFastLoad resulting in errors when inserting NULL values and some special characters in Redshift and Greenplum.
Fixed bug: incorrect bytea length returned.
Fixed bug in returning tables schema in Redshift when called from VS2017.
Improved stability of deferred updates.
Added more profiler comments for the Redshift bulk import.
PGNPUpdate: added code to set product version correctly after a successful update (in the Programs and Features).
PGNPUpdate: fixed bug that resulted in inability to update product from some recent releases.
The new major version of the PGNP OLEDB Provider for PostgreSQL, Greenplum and Redshift has several new features and improvements:
- Optimizations for very large data sets (1 billion rows and more).
- Deferred updates support (IRowsetUpdate).
- Better support for Greenplum 4.x (awareness about distribution policy, better use of cursors, gpload utilization for bulk operations, etc.)
- Better support for PostgreSQL 9.x.
- New utility for Automated updates (not included in the trial build).
- Better integration with SSIS (MS BI tools).
VM - Shopping cart