I have a need to migrate some data on a regular basis from a postgres db to sql server. I have the trial version DLL installed and can view it as a provider in Management Studio (so I can successfully create a linked server).
Here's how I'm attempting to create the connection in SSIS 2008 connection manager:
1. In the Data Flow tab, right-click in the Connection Managers section and select "New ADO.NET Connection"
2. In the Configure ADO.NET Connection Manager popup, click "New" (for new Data conenction)
3. In the Connection Manager popup, click on the "Provider" dropdown
- No PGNP provider is in the expanded ".Net providers" folder
- No PGNP provider is in the ".Net Providers for OleDb" folder either
I tried the same thing for a new OLE DB Connection Manager (Right-click Connection Managers section, "New", Provider: "Native OLE DB\SQL Server Native Client 10.0) and there is no PGNP or postgres provider under the "Native OLE DB" folder.
Can someone help me please?
Thank you very much!