Replication initialization fails if more than 1 row

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Replication initialization fails if more than 1 row

Postby michaelgg » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi there. I finally have things almost working. Replication works, except the initial sync. If there is one row of data, the initial sync from snapshot works just fine. If there is more than 1 row of data (tried with 3), then it fails, with "Invalid parameters". Here's what the SQL Server log shows (in time order):

Date 2012-01-23 8:14:45 PM
Log SQL Server (Current - 2012-01-23 6:00:00 PM)
Source spid69

Date 2012-01-23 8:14:45 PM
Log SQL Server (Current - 2012-01-23 6:00:00 PM)
Source spid69
Replication-Replication Distribution Subsystem: agent ERGO-vfk-vfkpub-192.168.146.134-226 failed. Invalid parameters

I tried adding: SQLSERVER=2008;BULK_INSERT=10;BULK_METHOD=Copy to my extended properties on the subscription and linked server, but it doe the same.

I've verified that deleting all but one row makes it work. SQL Server and SQL Server Agent are running as Local System; so certainly they don't have access problems, like error 14151 might lead me to think.

I looked at a network trace of Postgres between the machines, and don't see any error, except the one from "SET ANSI_PADDING ON" - but that's seemingly ignored because it works with a single row. (I've also manually edited the .sch file and removed that; no difference.) The trace shows it parsing the INSERT command, and then... nothing. So it must be some interaction with SQL Server and the PGNP driver; it's not the remote server rejecting things.

What am I missing? Why can't I initialize replication from a snapshot with more than one row?
michaelgg

Re: Replication initialization fails if more than 1 row

Postby michaelgg » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:48 pm

OK I got my full 1.3 license, and that seems to work! The trial 1.4 does not.
michaelgg

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication