Timeouts from GP in SSAS

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Timeouts from GP in SSAS

Postby ddavyjr » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 pm

I am seeing issues with query timeouts in SSAS connecting to Greenplum. I have tried raising the timeout limit in the connection string, and examining GP log files and to verify that data is being returned from the database. Query performance in other tools suggests I should not be seeing timeouts.

Using 1.3.0.2228 version of the driver.

Are there any cost or row limits I should be aware of when querying data via SSAS and PGNP?
ddavyjr

Re: Timeouts from GP in SSAS

Postby Moderator » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:54 am

PGNP Provider can handle very large volumes of data. Did you set COMMAND_TIMEOUT=0 in the Extended Properties of the Connection String?

Upgrading to the latest provider may also help resolve some issue. Please let our support know if you'd like to upgrade to the latest version.
Site Admin

Re: Timeouts from GP in SSAS

Postby ddavyjr » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:07 pm

Adding COMMAND_TIMEOUT=0; to the connection string in Extended Properties appears to have worked. I was only looking at the Connect Timeout property until now. Thanks!
ddavyjr

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication