SSRS - Regular vs Sharepoint Integrated Mode

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

SSRS - Regular vs Sharepoint Integrated Mode

Postby ddavyjr » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:37 pm

I have an SSRS report which uses Greenplumb as a data source which runs just fine in Report Manager.

When I move the RDL over to a Sharepoint site however, I get a message saying that my report query cannot be parsed.

Other methods for connecting are working. Reports using other sources also working. When I pull the report SQL out of the SSRS logs and run it against GP it also works.

I'm in the process of eliminating the causes of this error, and I am wondering if you are aware of any differences in behavior for PGNP for reports run in Sharepoint Integrated Mode.

Using 1.3.0.2228 version of the driver.
ddavyjr

Re: SSRS - Regular vs Sharepoint Integrated Mode

Postby Moderator » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:15 pm

It is hard to say what is different that causes the issue. Version 1.3.0.2228 looks very old, and the issue might have been resolved in a later version (current is 1.4.0.3054).

I'd recommend updating PGNP provider to a later version. Please contact Support at pgoledb.com to obtain the updated module.

Also, would you run PGNP Profiler and collect errors trace? It could help us find what caused the issue. Thank you!
Site Admin

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication