SSIS 2008

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Re: SSIS 2008

Postby Moderator » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:03 am

Did you find out what's going on with passing a datetime varible as a parameter?

Not yet. I'm going to work on it next and will let you know shortly. I appreciate your patience.
Site Admin

Postby shoubs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 am

No probs, do you have any ideas about this other problem?
shoubs

Postby Moderator » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:31 am

I'm trying to reproduce it. If you could send more details or step by step instructions how you did it, it would definetely help.
Thank you very much!
Site Admin

Postby shoubs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:45 am

I have a dataflow task that has a source and destination object. It appears that when the table is tmp_groupowner I can't insert. I don't have this problem otherwise.

What I suspect is that under rare conditions this happens. I will send you the test package, maybe you can inspect it and tell from there?
shoubs

Postby shoubs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 am

shoubs wrote:It looks like these problems are with PGNP? -specifically relating to the oledb destination component in the data flow task.

Here is my reasoning:
I did a test with one data flow task in it and 3 sources and 3 destinations all same database but differed tables.
1), it won't do the insertions on a table called tmp_groupowner

2), it doesn't notice that there are duplicate keys on one table that have 400 rows in it - it won't error out, but it doesn't do the insertion either if they are there (i haven't tried deleting half the table though)

3), it does error out on a table that has 7000 rows in it when you run it a second time but only at 6687 rows (when really it should error out straight away)

So there seems to be inconsistant results here. Can you investigate this as well please.
See this post for more details http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/272b9fbf-cbd5-473b-9467-a2ff5f5a81f1?prof=required

Now I might be wrong, but I don't think I had these problems when I was running everything in my tempoary test env that uses Vista. These problems occur on Windows Server 2003.

I think that creating from template is a red herring, I have packages that work now. This post relates to the package I sent you.
shoubs

Postby shoubs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:13 am

I'm loading these up today... I opened a package I created earlier (definatly worked too) and I only get this problem on this package for some reason:

This occurs on the oledb source - it verifys it when you open the package and finds errors, when you go into it to sort them out, I can't click on columns and this happens when I click ok:

Error at Perform Extract [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0202009 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

===================================

Error at Perform Extract [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.

(Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0202009 (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.CManagedComponentWrapperClass.ReinitializeMetaData()
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.DataFlowUI.DataFlowComponentUI.ReinitializeMetadata()
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.DataFlowUI.DataFlowAdapterUI.SaveConnectionPage(ConnectionAttributesEventArgs args)

shoubs

Postby shoubs » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:37 am

I've sent the files
shoubs

Postby Moderator » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32 am

I've got the schema and am working on the datetime issue as well. Will let you know results asap.
Site Admin

Postby shoubs » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 am

Moderator wrote:I've got the schema and am working on the datetime issue as well. Will let you know results asap.

Cool. Did you find anything that gives you an idea of what might be wrong?
shoubs

Postby Moderator » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:48 am

Nope, I still cannot reproduce the issue. I have created OLEDB source and set of variables for INSERT command with parameters. Then executed the package and found that the record was successfully inserted and the values were correct.

Then I have tested with BULK_METHOD=COPY. It worked right as well.

What could be different in the way I test and your tests?
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication