pemission error with linked server

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

pemission error with linked server

Postby BullCreek » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:58 pm

I've set up the linked server using the SQL script provided here and when I click on the Test button it works, but when I run a query or try to browse the Tables/View, I get some variation of:

The OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "SHADOWDB" reported an error. Access denied. Cannot obtain the require interface ("IID_IDBSchemaRowset") from OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "SHADOWDB".

MSSQL 2005
Postgres 8.3

Hope someone can help. Also, what is the difference between Developer and Business license - I am a developer and need to JOIN against a few tables in one Postgres database occasionally and a linked server would certainly make it easy.
BullCreek

Re: pemission error with linked server

Postby BullCreek » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 pm

FWIW, when I run the following query:

select * from openquery(SHADOWDB, 'select * from meta_bgnumberblock');

I get a different error:

Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "SHADOWDB" reported an error. Access denied.
Msg 7350, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
Cannot get the column information from OLE DB provider "PGNP" for linked server "SHADOWDB".
BullCreek

Re: pemission error with linked server

Postby Moderator » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Please make sure that "Allow inprocess" parameter is checked in PGNP Provider Properties.
Site Admin

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication