SSIS establish a connection

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

SSIS establish a connection

Postby rvallee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:18 am

All,
MSSQL 2005 v:9.0.4035, PGNP.dll v:1.3.0.2227

We just purchased the drivers and while attempting to create a connection object within SSIS (MSSQL 2005), and running the PGNProfiler, I am unable to create a connection. The PGNProfiler returns, “FATAL: database ‘robertv’ does not exist”. robertv is my login not the db. Also, I am not able to see items under the initial catalog dropdown either.

I have filled out all the required params (Postrges server ip, login, password). Test Connection return, “Test connection failed because of an error initializing provider. Value does not fall within the expected range”

Could the drivers not been install correctly? I did not do the install.

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Rob
rvallee

Re: SSIS establish a connection

Postby Moderator » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am

Rob,
if the provider is visible in the list of providers, then it is installed correctly.

Have you tried to open a test connection from a udl file or from an ADO tool? There could be dozens of reasons why connection cannot be opened, including firewall, incorrect connection configuration, etc. Could you please review recommendations from Users Manual: [url]http://www.pgoledb.com/index.php?option=com_filecabinet&task=download&cid[0]=3&Itemid=68[/url]?
Site Admin

Re: SSIS establish a connection

Postby rvallee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks for the reply. Here is what I did to make it work. First I don't believe that it's your driver. SSIS will not reconize it unless I do...
Create a new OLE connection in SSIS. Once you open the connector setup window, select the Native OLE\DB PostgreSQL Native Provider from the dropdown box, go straight to the "Data Links" button and click it. Supply all the information there. Click OK and test connection. All is fine.

For some reason, SSIS does not like it any other way. At least with me.

Everything is working great now!

Rob
rvallee

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication