MS Reporting Services

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

MS Reporting Services

Postby skeenan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:38 am

I am using the pgoldedb driver to connect MS Reporting Services to Greenplum.

I am getting the following error below when attempting to run a report/query:

An error occurred while executing the query.
Value does not fall within the expected range.

I am using a trial version of the driver that is supposed to have unlimited functionality but I am wondering if this is due to a limitation in the trial driver set?

Thanks for your help
skeenan

Re: MS Reporting Services

Postby Moderator » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Please send us more details on how to reproduce the issue to "support at pgoledb.com". Potentially it could be caused by the trial build limitations.
Site Admin

Postby crossroadsIT » Tue May 24, 2011 12:30 am

I am also experiencing this issue but with a fully licensed version of the PGOLEDB driver. This is a real show stopper for us at the moment and would like to get it resolved as quickly as possible. What information can we supply to expedite the resolution of this issue?
crossroadsIT

Postby Moderator » Tue May 24, 2011 6:35 am

I have just tried to configure a new report on a clean Windows7 machine and everything worked fine.
Please make sure that the computer name is correct (in your case: stockit.crossroadsint.org) and a Firewall does not block the connection. Please check the connectivity outside of the SSRS using a UDL file (create empty test.udl on Desktop, double-click on it, enter connection parameters and click “Test Connect”).
Site Admin

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication