SSIS Lookup issues

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Re: SSIS Lookup issues

Postby Moderator » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:50 am

We will work with Microsoft in order to find solution.

In the meantime please use the workaround (edit dstx file to set hasSideEffects=true).
Site Admin

Postby geoftak » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:58 am

Hello, any news on this issue ?
geoftak

Postby Moderator » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 pm

I'm sorry for delay, but we had not been able to find solution yet. I will try to double check status of the issue, and will update the thread.

In the meantime please change hasSideEffects=true, as a workaround.
Site Admin

Postby erdem.ozkan » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:44 am

I have the same issue. Lookup connection to PostgreSQL causes the same issue mentioned above. For now I transfer the lookup table to cache and set the connection to cache table.

I set the property hasSideEffect="true" (I did it textually since it is read only in the Lookup component editor) on Lookup Input Column, but it did not help, same problem occurs.
erdem.ozkan

Postby jasperkock » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 am

Hi,

We have a somewhat different problem. We use a MsSQL DB as source and PostGres as destination. Before inserting, I want to make sure the rows do not exist via a lookup. When no rows are in the destination, the flow runs fine, but when there are already rows in the destination, it throws errors at pre-processing:

[Lookup P2S [805]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E21.
[Lookup P2S [805]] Error: OLE DB error occurred while populating internal cache. Check SQLCommand and SqlCommandParam properties.
[Lookup P2S [805]] Information: The component "Lookup P2S" (805) failed to process the rows in the cache. The processing time was 0.125 second(s).
[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "Lookup P2S" (805) failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC020824E.

I changed the hasSideEffect="true", but that did not work.

I also changed to "no cache", but that returns, while processing:

[Lookup P2S [805]] Error: OLE DB error occurred while fetching parameterized row. Check SQLCommand and SqlCommandParam properties.
jasperkock

Previous

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication