Remote Access to SSL linked Server causes lockup

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Remote Access to SSL linked Server causes lockup

Postby campbell » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:56 am

I have a linked postgresql server that I access via a standard connection that works fine. I can access it via the local SQL server or via my SSRS server or a client using MS Management Studio. I have been Given a new ID to log into the server via SSL. I am able to successfully connect and create views on the local server using MS Management Studio, but when I try to connect via SSRS or a client using MS Management Studio sql server will quit processing requests for anything else (locks up). I have tried impersonation the login of the remote server and it did not help. The only difference in the configuration is SSL. Anyone have suggestions on how I can get this to work with my remote connections?
campbell

Re: Remote Access to SSL linked Server causes lockup

Postby Moderator » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:35 am

We are able to reproduce the issue, and are working on a fix. It occurs because the PGNP Provider displays a dialog requesting to accept certificate in an invisible "desktop". Previously, the Provider was able to determine that UI is not available from the linked server context, and rejected connection with error "could not accept certificate".

Please use the workaround on the remote client: create empty test.UDL file, double-click on it, specify connection parameters, and click "Test connect" button. Accept certificate in the popup dialog.
Site Admin

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication