Pricing and Licensing

PGNP Licensing/Sales Inquiries.

Pricing and Licensing

Postby Moderator » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:06 am

Please see prices for the PostgreSQL Native Provider (PGNP) on the Purchase page:
http://www.pgoledb.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=41

Custom contract can always be created in case you need to purchase larger number of licenses.

One year of technical support and free updates to a newer versions are included into licensing fee. Automated updates and offline/DMZ activation are available via PGNPUpdate utility (Start->All Programs->PGNP OLEDB Provider).
Site Admin

Re: Pricing and Licensing

Postby wave0615 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if we qualify for a free upgrade to version 1.3 ? We purchased the 1.2.0 version last year...
I would like the obscure problem I describe below to "go away".

I am "Warren Ave-Lallemant" at "Administrative Systems, Inc.(ASI)" in Sacramento CA.

My email here is: warren@asipay.com
My desk phone is: 916-563-1137

When attempting to migrate my application(created with Codegear Rad Studio 2009) to my new Windows 7 PC, I have recently encountered the following error:

"Data provider or other service returned an E_FAIL status."

Here is the snippet of Delphi code that triggered the error:
----
With ADODataSet_MISC do
begin
Close;
CommandText := 'select sum(billed) as totbilled from '
+ '"public"."PART_REC_E";';
Open;
billedDiff := FieldByName('totbilled').AsCurrency
- ADODataSet_part_Ltotal_billed_amount.AsFloat;
Close;
end;
----

This code snippet works fine on the old WinXP SP3 workstation.
All other 'select' statements in the program which do not utilize the SQL SUM() function work fine.

Thank You.
wave0615

Postby Moderator » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi,
yes, you are eligible for upgrade to a similar SKU, if requested the upgrade during 1 calendar year since the date of the purchase. In your case it is a 32-bit Developer's License.

We are going to check if the issue is fixed in 1.3, and will send you the update shortly.

Thank you!
Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Warren, we have sent the upgrade build to you.
Kind regards,
PGNP Team
Site Admin

Postby kylim » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi,

Can you explain what are the differences between the Developer, Business and Redistributable licenses?

Thanks and regards.
kylim

Postby Moderator » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 am

Developer and Business licenses are for use in the Client organization. Redistributable license allows installing the product on other than Client organization's computers. The licenses differ in the purpose, and in number of allowed installations.

The license agreement can be found here: http://www.pgoledb.com/index.php?option ... p;Itemid=2.
Site Admin

Postby cezariusz.marek » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:38 am

Where can I find the price of developer and redistributable license? We have an application, which works on various databases using ADO and we would like to distribute it with royality free PostgreSQL OLEDB connector - is it possible?
cezariusz.marek

Postby Moderator » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 pm

For the redistributable license price and terms please contact our Sales. Price may depend on various conditions such as projected number of installations and level of support. We usually offer it in 100-installation license packs.
Site Admin

Return to Licensing