Error converting TinyInt

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

Error converting TinyInt

Postby dinamap » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:04 am

Hi,

I'm testing your trial version, and is a great product. But while doing a bulk insert with COPY, an error appears with the following message: "Convertion of type 17 to string failed (bt=2, ord=15, tbl="TABLE")" The column 15 has type TinyInt.

With value sets there is no error, and the column is fully copied.

Thanks.
dinamap

Re: Error converting TinyInt

Postby Moderator » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Hi,
are you inserting rows via a linked server? Would you send more details/instructions on how to reproduce the issue?

Thank you!
Site Admin

Postby dinamap » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:00 am

Hello,

Sorry for the missing details. For my first tests, I've used the SSIS Wizard with PGNP as the destination connection. In the Advanced Properties for that connection, I selected "Copy command" for the "Bulk Insert Method" property.
Then I selected a table containing a tinyint (DT_UI1) datatype column, and checked the box to drop and recreate the destination table in the Column Assignments dialog box, because the table was already copied before.
After that, running the package results in an error with the message: "Convertion of type 17 to string failed (bt=2, ord=15, tbl="MY_TABLE")"

Thanks.
dinamap

Postby Moderator » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

We've fixed the bug and uploaded the trial module to http://www.pgoledb.com/downloads/PGNP-1.3.0.2129.exe.

Thank you for finding the defect!
Site Admin

Postby dinamap » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:51 am

I'm glad to help you, and thank you for the quick fix. I'll keep testing.
dinamap

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication