SSIS 2008 R2 - cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists

Using PGNP with MS SQL Server, Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Linked Servers, Snapshot and Transactional Replication and more.

SSIS 2008 R2 - cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists

Postby colinx » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 am

I'm getting the error "cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists"" whenever I try to execute a postgres stored procedure in SSIS. I'm running the proc from an OLEDB Command transformation. I'm pretty sure the problem is between PGNP and SSIS because I can use PGNP to run the same procedure from a simple C# program.

We downloaded and installed the provider for the first time last week, so I'm pretty sure we've got the most recent version.

This is the stored procedure that I'm trying to run:
Code: Select all
select AddRouteWrapper( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,? )

This is the error I see in SSIS:
Error: 0xC0202009 at Data Flow Task, OLE DB Command 1 1 [480]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E14.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "PostgreSQL Native Provider"  Hresult: 0x80040E14  Description: "ERROR:  cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists

This are the errors I see in the PGNPProfiler:

----------   Client SQL   2013/02/27 11:19:23.443  A2EB3C8A ------------
select * from AddRouteWrapper( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,? )
----------   Error   ---------
ERROR:  cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists

I can post more info if necessary. Just let me know what you need.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or just post an example of how to call a stored procedure with parameters from SSIS?

Thanks,
Andrew
colinx

Re: SSIS 2008 R2 - cursor "pgnpcsr1" already exists

Postby Moderator » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:42 am

Could you send the function definition and a sample SSIS package that reproduce the issue to support at pgoledb dot com? Thank you!
Site Admin

Return to SQL Server/DTS/SSIS/Linked servers/Replication