The PGNP provider is a thin layer between Microsoft ADO and PostgreSQL database. It implements most of the OLEDB interfaces and uses libpq to access a PostgreSQL database. The provider can be used from 32-bit and 64-bit applications both native and .NET.
* Wide range of Postgres-compatible databases are supported, i.e. Amazon RDB, Heroku, Yellowbrick, etc.
Main features are:
- Database conversion with DTS Wizard (MSSQL 2000) or SSIS Wizard (MSSQL 2005/2008/2012).
- Support for SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- SQL Server Linked Servers and Replication support.
- Error reporting and execution tracing.
- Transactions support: standard OLEDB, and "nested" PostgreSQL transaction using savepoints.
- Distributed transactions (two phase commit protocol).
- Schema support for tables, views, provider types, columns, primary/foreign keys, indexes, etc.
|FEATURE||PGNP 1.2.8||PGNP 1.3.0||PGNP 1.4.0*|
|PostgreSQL Support||8.0||8.x, 9.x||8.x-10.x|
|OLE DB Connection Pooling||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Error Reporting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Command Prepare and Cancel||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OLE DB Columns Information||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Database Transformation in SQL Server DTSWizard||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Local Transaction Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Distributed Transactions and Two Phase Commit Protocol (DTC enlistment)||No||Yes**||Yes**|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Linked Servers Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 to PostgreSQL Replication Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
August 22, 2019 Ver 184.108.40.20656Fixed error in retrieving procedures metadata in Postgres 11 (proisagg undefined).
Fixed bug in handling materialized views (undefined table error).
Fixed crash when releasing the metadata dictionary (scenario with linked servers).
Fixed bug "identifier too long" when retrieving index with name longer than 63 characters.
Fixed bug in handling DBTYPE_BYTES: parameter size was returned as 0.
Fixed bug in handling PRIMARY TABLE after column type.
Fixed version stamping for PGNPUpdate.
Fixed bug in handling inserting bytea data from Image in ETL.
Redshift: fixed bug in handling "no schema" views (added call to pg_get_late_binding_view_cols).
Fixed bug in handling queries with DISTINCT ON (expr).
The new major version of the PGNP OLEDB Provider for PostgreSQL, Greenplum and Redshift has several new features and improvements:
- Optimizations for very large data sets (1 billion rows and more).
- Deferred updates support (IRowsetUpdate).
- Better support for Greenplum 4.x (awareness about distribution policy, better use of cursors, gpload utilization for bulk operations, etc.)
- Better support for PostgreSQL 9.x.
- New utility for Automated updates (not included in the trial build).
- Better integration with SSIS (MS BI tools).
VM - Shopping cart
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!