The PGNP provider is a thin layer between Microsoft ADO and PostgreSQL database. It implements most of the OLEDB interfaces and uses libpq to access a PostgreSQL database. The provider can be used from 32-bit and 64-bit applications both native and .NET.
* Wide range of Postgres-compatible databases are supported, i.e. Amazon RDB, Heroku, Yellowbrick, etc.
Main features are:
- Database conversion with DTS Wizard (MSSQL 2000) or SSIS Wizard (MSSQL 2005/2008/2012).
- Support for SSRS, SSAS and SSIS.
- SQL Server Linked Servers and Replication support.
- Error reporting and execution tracing.
- Transactions support: standard OLEDB, and "nested" PostgreSQL transaction using savepoints.
- Distributed transactions (two phase commit protocol).
- Schema support for tables, views, provider types, columns, primary/foreign keys, indexes, etc.
- Multiple results support.
- Command cancel, prepare and column information on a prepared command.
- Unicode (UTF8) and various languages support.
- Support for PostgreSQL syntax with POSIX and other extensions.
- Partial support for T-SQL statements syntax.
- Internal stored procedures.
- Extended syntax for parameters ('@', ':' and '?') and support for IN, OUT and INOUT parameters.